Sunday, May 5, 2013

Prêt-à-Porter - Where Finish Meet Fashion



I have been given oportunities to participate as a designer in  great local events such as  Paper Fashion Show and Design After Dark. I have always wanted to be part of Prêt-à-Porter , but never had a chance until this year. Not only do I get to design an outfit for Runway, I was also chosen as a team leader for the fabulous team of Women In Design. How fun and what an honor to lead such a fabulous group of talented ladies.

Prêt a Porter is a Fashion Show held each fall in Denver. Leading interior design firms and students showcase their creativity in this chic fashion show of garments crafted with a diverse range of interior finishes and raw material generally used in construction. The event is organized by the Rocky Mountain Chapter of IIDA and is held at the stunning Ellie Caulkins Opera Theater!  This year’s theme: Art Deco

I am very exited about the theme, as my team was pared with AD Light and Sign, a team of talented custom lighting designers and fabricators. Taking the theme into consideratiion this truly is a match made in heaven. And of course "The Great Gatsby" coming out in a week, my team will held a viewing of the movie and have a brainstorming meeting afterwards.

Stay tuned as I will be posting updates on the develpment of the design.

Meanwhile, hera are few stunning creations from previous years:

 and a short video clip from 2010 http://youtu.be/XdfFS0-HvvM






No comments: