Sunday, January 3, 2016

Re.Dzine Favorites - Trends for 2016


Crystal ball has spoken and we now know some trends unfolding in 2016.
This is a list of some of my favorites I hope to incorporate in my clients spaces.

(via: re.dzine // apartment therapy // pinterest// elle décor / houzz)



1 - Even though I am the typical Scandinavian loving "all white" look or earthy muted tones, and
honest materials such as natural wood and stone, I love that for 2016 we're seeing more color in medium, unsaturated shades that have a little drama but aren't too heavy.



In this kitchen the accent colors are almost like pastels, but darker and less saturated.


2- Mismatched minimalism is a look that mixes new and old elements, and maybe a little bit of texture, or simply a painted / reupholstered vintage furniture incorporated in modern interior





3- While I love minimalism and natural materials and iconic pieces that have lasted the test of time,
 I am intrigued by these Arne Jacobsen's Series 7 chairs rendered in Pale Pink and Dark Blue Lacquer


4- I love that homes are becoming more customized.

We are starting to think about what we enjoy having in our home, things that make YOU happy/ are important to you, not everyone else.

Especially think about those dead spaces in your home and instead of being frustrated by them, get creative......





Mudroom for family that ride a bike together

From Ceiling Space to Playroom


Turn a dead space into small reading nook
And paint the nook with fun accent color






















5- Mismatched Cabinet Doors
Adding bold colors with white, or like we did in one of my 2015 projects, 
Urban Home, Mixing cabinet styles and colors more subtly (white, natural , orange)



















6- Open Space might not be invention of 2016, but we are seeing it more, and the new trend I see is visually connecting rooms with either repeating materials like in this show home I designed where
Fireplace tile is repeated in the kitchen island front panel. Fireplace wood paneling is of same material that some of kitchen cabinets. And undulating form of the fireplace/ island tile is also repeated in kitchen back splash















......or defining rooms  by changes in  floor materials















7-  Bidets, oh how I’ve missed you guys since I left my mothership, Finland
Bidets have never been a thing in US, but Houzz is reporting that  now that high tech toilets can come with bidet feature 50% of the master baths now have one.

















8- My favorite trend…connecting indoors and outdoors seamlessly


 

No comments: